Autodesk has recently released the Revit 2012 Deployment Utility to help BIM Managers with Revit configuration. There is no longer a Revit.ini file on the deployment image; instead, there is a inifile.xml file that creates the Revit.ini on workstation installation.
Check out the video and make sure you switch it to HD so you can see the text clearer. I’ll show you how to modify the XML source file before any installation happens. This will result in a clean push without needing any bandaid modifications on the workstations later.
There are some great resources from Autodesk and their support team bloggers documenting Revit customization. Check them out after you finish watching the video for more info:
- Autodesk Revit 2012 Deployment Utility: DOWNLOAD / README file
- Up and Ready: Revit 2012: Revit.ini customization, the old fashioned* way
- Revit Clinic: 10 Revit.ini Customizations (based on 2010)
- Revit Clinic: Deploying Revit 2012 with a customized Revit.ini file
- Revit Clinic: Revit 2012 Network Deploy Utility: Custom Revit.ini Settings & Content Supression