(lmgrd) Can’t send reread to adskflex: Cannot read data from license server system. (-16,10009:10054 “WinSock: Connection reset by peer”)
If you ever ran into the above message or anything similar, AND run Windows 2008 R2, this issue is likely related to Windows DEP. If you’re using 64bit of LMTOOLS, you’ll need to go to the DEP settings and only enable DEP for Windows services (the first radio button) since you cannot make exceptions for 64bit based process.
If you’re using 32bit LMTOOLS, you have the choice of turning on DEP only for Windows essential stuff (above), or all programs & services. If you choose to do it for all programs and services, you can add a few exceptions:
- Go into LMTOOLS and stop the license service
- Stop any process in Task Manager (lmgrd.exe, adskflex.exe, FlexLM Service 1, etc etc)
- Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Data Excution Prevention.
- Add an exception for LMGRD.exe, LMUTIL.EXE, LMTOOLS.EXE, ADSKFLEX.EXE, and FlexLM Service 1 (or what you called the service)
- Go into LMTOOLS and start the service.
Now you just have to continually monitor it. I’d recommend having it email you when the service fails so you know where/when to remote into your server. Hope that helps!